This year’s Latin America Spectrum Management Conference will once again provide a high-level meeting point for stakeholders across Latin America and beyond to discuss topical issues relating to the management and co-ordination of spectrum policy across the region.
This years conference is organised in partnership with ITU and will be taking place alongside the Americas Seminar and Workshop on Digital Broadcasting.
Following the success of last year's conference, this year's Latin America edition will bring together key stakeholders and policymakers in the region to discuss the following issues and topics:
This year's conference included sessions on the following topics:
- The digital switchover in the region - progress and planning ahead
- WRC-15 - next steps and planning ahead to WRC-19
- Maximizing the benefits of the 700 MHz band – 2 sessions focussing specifically on the Mexican wholesale network model, and approaches being seen in other countries
- What next – is it time to start planning for the 2nd digital dividend in the 600Mz band?
- Fuelling the next wave of wireless connectivity: spectrum for 5G, IoT and future wireless technologies
- Best practice in auctions, licencing and valuation (including a focus on the Mexican AWS-3 and the US incentive auctions)
- Connecting the unconnected: Spectrum policies to help bring affordable connectivity to all
- Regulatory Roundtable - Managing spectrum in Caribbean and smaller Central American countries
If you have any questions or require any further information regarding this event, please do not hesitate to contact Lula Howard on on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 2920 783 026.
Thu October 13, 2016 09.00
Fri October 14, 2016 17.00
Sheraton Maria Isabel Mexico City
Paseo de la Reforma 325, Cuauhtémoc, 06500 Ciudad de México, D.F., Mexico