We are very pleased to announce that the European edition of this event, Connected Cars Europe, will be taking place on 17 May 2016 in Brussels. Click here to visit the event website.
Forum Global would like to give a big thanks to all the speakers, supporting partners and sponsors of this year's inaugural Connected Cars USA conference.
The event took place on February 4 and is the first of a 2-part series for 2016, with a sister conference taking place in Brussels on May 17.
The event offered a dual policy and business discussion for stakeholders. Participants represented a wide range of stakeholder groups, including the key decision makers from the different federal agencies, as well as automakers, solution providers, mobile carriers, system integrators and other key stakeholder groups.
With the rise of technological innovation and advanced connectivity capabilities, the principle of the Connected Car offers significant, wide-scale benefits. Global automakers, technology companies and mobile carriers are enthusiastic and, across all regions, are investing significant resources into new and innovative programs and services. These, they hope, will deliver competitive economic advantage, while supporting sustainability efforts.
The connected car, as part of a broader technological shift, also addresses the new paradigm of consumer demand where to be constantly connected is quickly becoming a minimum expectation. The car in this context carries a number of perhaps unique challenges that must be addressed comprehensively both by industry and regulators.
Sessions at the event included:
- Building the U.S. Connected Car ecosystem and getting the policy vision right
- Where does the regulatory balance lie, and what work needs to be done by policymakers and industry players to ensure the U.S. maintains its position as global leaders in this space?
- How much spectrum should be made available to the connected car industry?
- Satisfying consumer demands
- What strategies and techniques should be considered in order to develop a profitable business model for all?
- How can automakers, mobile carriers and other stakeholders work together to drive new business?
- What new business models will emerge and what impact will the connected car industry contribute to the outcome based economy?
- The future of the car – from connected cars to driverless cars
Connected Cars Europe event
In addition to this event, Forum Global, through its sister company Forum Europe, will be running an EU edition of the event in Brussels in May 2016 - Connected Cars Europe. More information on this event will be available shortly, but if you have any questions about either of the events in this series in the meantime, please contact Tom Chinnock using the details below:
Tel: +44 (0)2920 783 025