"The must-attend event for anybody involved in spectrum management in Europe and beyond!"
Forum Europe would like to thank all of this year's sponsors and participants for making the 10th Annual European Spectrum Management Conference such a successful event.
Please click here to view the slides delivered at the end of the conference by Ruprecht Niepold (independent spectrum expert) to summarise the key findings and highlights from each of the conference sessions.
As part of Session 7, delegates were asked a series of questions and asked to vote using an interactive online voting tool. You can view the results by clicking here - thank you to everyone who took part!
European Spectrum Management Conference - More Information
With WRC-15 fast approaching, plus some key spectrum policy decisions coming up at a European level (for example the continuing drive towards an internal telecoms market, and the expected release of the 2nd Radio Spectrum Policy Package in 2016), 2015 is a key time for spectrum stakeholders in Europe.
Bringing together all the key policymakers and decision makers from Europe and beyond, this event addressed all these key issues and more. And with a highly interactive format that actively encouraged audience participation throughout, plus more than 6 hours of dedicated networking time, this conference was an opportunity to be part of the debate.
Topics covered at this year's event included:
- WRC15 – what regional positions have emerged in Europe and around the world following CPM15-2?
- What are the key strategic spectrum considerations for policymakers in Europe as we move towards the development of the internal telecoms market, and the expected release of the 2nd RSPP in 2016?
- Allocation of 700Mhz band – what is the status in different countries across the EU?
- Offloading and beyond – creating an environment to support the explosive growth in data and deliver wireless innovation
- Backhaul - meeting the high bandwidth demands at the edge of the network
- Best practice in auctions and spectrum awards
- Innovative Technologies and Policies to improve spectrum efficiency
- What is the shape of the mobile eco-system likely to be post WRC-15, and which are likely to be the key frequency bands?
- What role can new technologies such as carrier aggregation and supplementary downlink play in increasing spectrum efficiency?
- Looking back and looking forward - The changing face of spectrum management 2005 - 2025
The final event programme and speaker list can be viewed here.
To find out how you can become involved in next year's event, through speaking, partnership and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Stephen Hathaway on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 2920 783027.