Thank you to the 300+ delegates who attended the conference on 9th December 2014.
A selection of photos from the event is now available to view here.
Head of the Division of Policy Development and Religion Affairs
Sectoral Policy Department, Ministry of Justice, Latvia
Director, Services and Investment, Intellectual Property and Public Procurement
DG Trade, European Commission
Deputy Director, International Policy Division
Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Japan
Topics for discussion:
- What sticking points remain to complete the tripartite negotiations between the Parliament, Council and Commission?
- While the legislation is unlikely to come into force before 2017, is European and international business clear on what their obligations will be, and how will the new rules impact on digital trade?
- What does this year’s ruling by the Court of Justice of the EU regarding the right to be forgotten mean for the evolving understanding of data privacy and security?
- How can the EU and national Data Protection Authorities work to ensure that, in practice, the balance between freedom of expression, privacy and economic growth is ensured?
- What steps can international actors take to create a global privacy framework? How would this help to maximise cross-border digital trade?