Last year's event
The 2-day summit focused on the latest IoT innovations that are helping to change society and our future. It also explored the key policy issues for IoT, and against the backdrop of the recent approval of the bipartisan IoT resolution, together with the launch of the Congressional Caucus on IoT last year, participants looked at what is being done and what still needs to be done in order to fully maximize the promise of IoT.
The Internet of Things will offer numerous benefits to consumers, industry and governments. It has the potential to change the way people interact with technology and everyday objects in fundamental ways. It will increase profitability and improve efficiency for companies across all sectors. It will also positively impact national and global priorities, including counter-terrorism and national security, preserving the environment, managing scarce resources, and assisted living. However, there are a number of key challenges and uncertainties that still remain, and the IoT stakeholder community must continue to work together to help solve these pressing issues.
Sessions at last year's summit included:
Day 1: Creating the correct IoT environment - key policy considerations:
- Overcoming fear, uncertainity and doubt
- Security for the Internet of Things
- Privacy in a Connected World - a continuing balancing act
- Fuelling connectivity - delivering the spectrum needs of the Internet of Things
Day 2: Sector-specific 'smart sessions':
- Healthcare and wearable technology
- IoT as an enabler for industrial growth and competition
- Smart living - at home and in the city
- The Internet of Things in Financial Services and the Insurance sector
- Smart Retail
- The Connected Car
- Monetizing the Internet of Things
For more information and to view the event details, please click here
For more information on this year's summit and details on future events, please contact Tom Chinnock firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 2920 783 025.
Thu October 6, 2016 08.30
Fri October 7, 2016 16.25
Eastern Standard Time
Washington Marriott Georgetown,
1221 22nd St NW, Washington,