A big thank you to everybody who participated at this year's event!
Event photos are now available by clicking on the link above, and full conference proceedings (including slides from all presentations and a full audio recording of all sessions) have been sent out to all conference attendees. If you attended the event and have not received your access information for the proceedings, please contact Dan Craft.
See you in 2011!
More than 250 stakeholders once again gathered in Brussels on 23rd & 24th June for the 5th Annual European Spectrum Management Conference.
More than 40 top level speakers participated in the programme, and issues that were discussed included:
- The Radio Spectrum Policy Programme
- Commissioner Kroes & other key policymakers delivered their thoughts on the RSPP, which is due to be adopted soon after the event
- GSM Refarming and Licence Renewals
- The global status of 900 Mhz band refarming
- Rights of use & legal implications of refarming
- What financial and economic issues does refarming raise, and how can these be resolved?
- Spectrum Auctions: what is the role of auctions in the award of radio spectrum?
- Auction design for the 800MHz and 2.6GHz awards
- Using auctions to determine allocations to different technologies
- Digital Dividend: Progress made in the 6 months since the release of the Commission recommendation
- Market and technology developments and future spectrum management challenges and solutions
- Cognitive & Software Defined Radios: has their time finally arrived?
- Responding to market needs for mobile broadband: spectrum and technology
- WRC12: what are the big issues to be discussed?
Plus an optional pre-conference workshop:
- Spectrum auction design and bid strategy masterclass
This interactive workshop offered participants a unique opportunity to participate in a number of different auction formats, and explore the impact of design decisions on bidder behaviour and auction outcomes.